Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Interview with Steve Sept 2020



Originally published September 7, 2020 by Writer Andrea Menzies

Donate to the Elysium Go Fund Me page here: https://gf.me/u/yw5dvi

I recently traveled by airplane mid-pandemic to see old friends in Austin, Texas. I managed to run into several artist friends, and interviewed them about their latest projects. Steve Hall was one of the friends I talked to when visiting. Steve also let me take a new selfie with him, and I was happy about this as I had dropped ten pounds since I took the last one with him. I was lucky to run into so many people as the dramatic conditions of the pandemic have increased difficulty in communicating all over the world.

Steve is known by many names. He goes by Steve Hall -O- Ween, DJ Prophet, and just good old Steve. Steve’s job has him working from home these days, but he is still being very productive. His creativity’s productivity has not suffered as well. He has been hosting many online streaming events for friends near and far away. Haven online was his latest project for the Elysium restaurant and music venue in Austin. This regular online DJ event is one of the more popular ones on Twitch TV. Twitch seems to have become a favorite DJ method in the pandemic perhaps due to it’s many connections to the popular Patreon.com funding platform.  Tune in to https://www.twitch.tv/elysiumhaven to check out the stream. Unfortunately ironically I was flying back to Richmond, Virginia that night, and missed the Void guest DJ set, but I will be sure to catch the future streams. I miss Austin, Texas badly, but planes, trains, and RV van trips are sure to keep me visiting the live music capitol of the world often. 

“Tonight! Join us again for more mayhem!” Said Steve Hall promoting the DJ stream. 

For links to future events check out: https://www.facebook.com/steve.prophet.hall/about

No comments: