Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Episode 10 Season 5 - Review The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

 https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-3bdid-13550d7

Podcast promotion is above.

Episode 10 of Season 5 – The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

Promo: The Book Review Podcast by Andrea Menzies called Frozen History Seven Book Review Podcast has moved to http://www.frozenhistory7publishing.wordpress.com at 8 P.M. on Tuesdays. Checkout the new reviews weekly!

The Witching Hour Book 1

Episode 10 of Season 5 was posted over a year after the 9th one due to a fire. I was in an apartment I have moved away from due to fire damage eating my old podcast equipment. The old elaborate and complex podcast I streamed heavily was largely a side effect of extreme pandemic boredom. Like many people sitting at home being isolated I wanted more human interaction, and talking about books was a fun way to start it off. I streamed it on many pages with over 5000 followers each on 4 service providers including Facebook and YouTube. However, I am now re-employed full time, and I do NOT have as much time to read, and video stream detailed interviews and reviews. Plus viewers and reader have no time for long reviews, and so I can not get the huge streaming crowds of the pandemic era so shorter things work better all around.

I have finally admitted the new format forever needs to be short podcast-blog hybrid posts. Podcasts promos will be on Podbean and YouTube with other services for advertisement. The blog at the address http:www.frozenhistory7publishing.wordpress.com will have the ONLY reviews for books. When it comes to Internet URLs “In the end there can be only one.” It is like the Highlander movie. These blogs will be short with a few sentences of praise for the things I like, and that is IT. I have way too much job-work to do these days, and so now it is short and sweet for posts on this blog.

I have chosen WordPress because you can load up many pre-scheduled post in a row. Keeping a posting schedule online is easier there, and so Tuesday 8 PM will be the new post-time. (This post however will be pre-posted online to kick off the new schedule quickly.

*Start of Review*

The first book that has re-started my book praise kick is Anne Rice The Witching Hour as it is a great book I highly recommend. Not all books from the National Bestseller list or the Main Selection of the Book of the Month club are G rated, and this book is for older readers as it is R rated. This book is created by a female writer that is VERY homesick for New Orleans and the garden district there. It is filled with vivid imagery of jasmine and roses in poetic gloom. The TV channel AMC is making the book series of the Witching Hour into a TV series starting January 5, 2023. The fact that this book reenactment is right up the ally of my old book review podcast, and almost passed without comment on my podcast made the podcast gain new life. I first read this book as a teenager girl, and moved to New Orleans after reading these books. The series seems completely changed after I really lived next to and in the New Orleans Garden District for years as I went to Loyola University in New Orleans and graduated with my first University Degree there. Truth is stranger than fiction in New Orleans. I listen to the famous song “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans” by Louis Armstrong sometime and remember how homesick I was when I left. This book is written in the thrall of that emotion.

I highly recommend this book and show, and the revival of reading and book love this show represents. Book, movie, and TV show tie-ins were heavily a focus of my old podcast, and are part of the new format today.

That is all I have time for today. Thank for reading, and hit like, subscribe, and leave comments as much as you can today.

No comments: